What's at the Festival?
Café & Market
The Café & Market will feature additional food selections including salads, house made quiche, naan pizzas, all featuring local ingredients. The Market includes many locally made products to purchase and make at home. Many of our Market products are available to sample in our outside tent space.
Fox Run Beverage Locations
We offer our award winning wines by the glass or bottle as well as soda, ice tea and water. ALSO - additional WINE SATELLITE up the hill in front of vendors in Vineyard Row.
Admission & Parking is FREE!
There will be parking attendants to assist you in finding a parking spot. This is a very busy weekend and you will be directed as to where you can park on the vineyard grounds.
There will be shuttles from the parking lots to the festival area available throughout the weekend.
Wine Club Members Tent
Wine Club Members have a special tent to mingle with the winemakers and sample unreleased wines or barrel samples. Decorations will be provided by the Corning Museum of Glass. Members are allowed to bring up to two guests to join them in the tent. Not yet a Wine Club Member? Signups are available during the weekend.
Glass Blowing Demostrations by the Corning Museum of Glass
Watch live demostrations by a master glassmaker as they tranform a hot ball of molten glass and into something special. The Corning Museum of Glass will be doing demos during the Garlic Festival weekend.
22nd Annual Glorious Garlic Festival - August 2 & 3, 2014
We invite you to join us for this cool-climate garlic festival which is one of the East Coast's hallmark summer happenings. Celebrating the numerous types of artisan garlic cultivated in the Finger Lakes region, thousands of enthusiasts will gather on the winery's verdant grounds, overlooking Seneca Lake, the weekend of August 2-3.
The two days of the festival include cooking demonstrations, garlic tastings and ample opportunities to meet the area's top artisan garlic growers and chefs. A rich array of Finger Lakes food producers and artists adds to the mix. Live music and entertainment for the entire family is also one of the many highlights the festival offers. Numerous varieties of freshly harvested heirloom, hard neck garlic will be available to purchase, and experts will be on hand to offer guidance to the novice grower. A garlic-infused festival menu will be offered daily, crafted by acclaimed Rochester chef/restaurateur Tony Gullace, expertly matched to the signature estate wines of Fox Run.
Enter the 3rd Annual Glorious Garlic Festival Poster Contest
It's that time of year again- get creative and submit your entry for this year's Glorious Garlic Festival Poster Contest! We’d like you, our friends and fans, to help us celebrate 22 great years of Glorious Garlic Festivals by creating this year’s festival poster! Your design could be selected to advertise and promote the biggest annual event at Fox Run Vineyards!
1. Original art only. Reproductions will not be considered.
2. Entries failing to meet all requirements will not be considered.
3. Must be 21 by April 15th to enter. (Winner’s age will be verified.)
4. Poster must be 11” x 17” (portrait layout) and must include the following information:
a) Fox Run Vineyards
b) 22nd Annual Glorious Garlic Festival
c) August 2 & 3, 2014
d) 11-5 each day
5. Entries must be submitted digitally, preferably in .pdf format. A high resolution image will be requested from the winner.
6. One submission per person.
7. Winning entry and all image reproduction rights become property of Fox Run Vineyards.
8. Artist will be credited for their work.
9. Employees of Fox Run Vineyards are not eligible to enter.
10. Please include full name, phone number, and email with submission.
11. Winner will be chosen and contacted by Fox Run staff. Prize will be awarded the week of the Garlic Festival.
12. Prize will be one case (12 bottles) of assorted Fox Run Vineyards wines, selected by Fox Run staff (with bias towards winner’s personal taste,) along with a framed print of their poster and a 2014 Garlic Festival T-shirt, which may be inspired by the winning poster. Additionally, poster will be displayed in the Fox Run Tasting Room along side posters from past years.
13. All entries must be submitted by APRIL 15, 2014. Late entries will not be considered.
14. Submissions must be emailed to email@example.com
15. Poster submission indicates agreement with all contest rules and requirements.
Stop by the tasting room and check out the posters from the last 6 years for some inspiration if you'd like. Remember- correct spelling and good grammar don't just count, they're crucial! Last year we had over 30 entries, and can't wait to see what you'll send us this year!
Thursday Night Concert at Fox Run - Thursday, July 31st
Festival Food Menus
The 2013 menu included:
- Chilled Tomato-Garlic Soup
- Middle Eastern Sampler-Hummus, Tabbouleh and Babaganoush with Toasted Pita
- Roasted Sweet Corn with Garlic Butter
- Lively Run Goat Cheese with Roasted Garlic, Roasted Red Peppers and Olives
- Mushrooms in Garlic-Parsley Sauce
- White Pizza with Roasted Garlic, Mozzarella, Onion, Parmesan and Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Garlic Marinated Chicken Breast Sandwich with Roasted Garlic Aioli, Tomato & Lettuce
- Jumbo Italian Garlic Sausauge with Sauteed Peppers & Onions
- 40 clove BBQ Pulled Pork with Cornbread
- Garlic Fries with Roasted Garlic Aioli
- Basic Cheeseboard with Lively Run Chévre, Sunset Raw Milk Seneca, Stella Vallis Tomme and Jakes Smoked Gouda
- Advanced Cheeseboard with Nettle Meadow 3 Sisters, Jersey Girl Colby, Lively Run Cayuga Blue, Muranda Bel Ceillo
- Garlic Lovers Cheeseboard: Double the Garlic, Double the Cheese! Muranda Roasted Garlic, Nettle Meadow Garlic, Olive Oil Chévre
- Create Your Own Cheeseboard with your favorite NYS Cheese
- Featured Salads
- Naan Pizza with Zucchini and Pesto served with mixed greens
- House-made Quiche Lorraine served with mixed greens
- Mixed Greens served with baguette
- Cup of Soup served with baguette
- Fox Run Wines available by the Glass & Bottle
- Cooking Demo with Chef John Lomanto, Terroir Restaurants, New York City
- Lecture: Garlic Braiding Demo with Peter Gambino, Gambino Garlic Growers
- Lecture: Mission FLX: Michael Warren Thomas, Radio Host of SavourLife in Rochester
- Cooking Demo with Chef John McNabb - Knapp Vineyard Restaurant
- Lecture: Garlic Braiding Demo with Peter Gambino, Gambino Garlic Growers
- Chef Brud Holland, Finger Lakes Made
- Virginia Schwartz on Fiddle (Virigina is a former member of The Town Pants)
- Bob & Dee
- Paradigm Shift Jazz (Grammy nominated from Rochester)
- Not Sold Separately (Dave & Duane Keogh of The Town Pants)
- A & L Garlic, Holley
- African Presents, Rochester
- Angel Art Pottery, Lodi
- Corning Museum of Glass, Corning
- Country Gourmet Creations, Moravia
- Earthly Possession Boutique, Geneva
- For Claudia's Sayke, Hammondsport
- Fox Run Vineyards, Penn Yan
- Gambino Garlic Growers, Hornell
- Hacienda Shiloh, Gettysburg PA
- Hooke 'n Crooke Garden Tools, Burlington
- Hooper Garlic, Fultonham
- Java-Gourmet, Inc., Penn Yan
- JD Gourmet, Hightstown NJ
- Knapp Farm, Lowman
- Knob View Farm, Stroudsburg PA
- Lively Run Goat Dairy, Interlaken
- Mark S. Bowman, Canandaigua
- Mele Garlic Farm, Holley
- Mill Creek Farm, North Chili
- Muranda Cheese Company, Waterloo
- Naples Valley Brand Products, Naples
- Papa's Kettle Korn, York PA
- Papillon Boutique, Geneva
- Red Jacket Orchards, Geneva
- Schiek's Maple Products, Penn Yan
- Seneca Farms, Penn Yan
- Seneca Vegetables, Hall
- Six Circles Farm, Lodi
- Stony Brook Wholehearted Foods, Geneva
- Tabasco Chris, Mechanicville
- Twin Peaks Garlic Farmers, Canisteo
- Upstate New York Garlic Farm, Holley
Fox Run Café Menu
Garlic Lectures & Demonstrations
Fox Run Vineyards Garlic Festival is known for the taste and smell of garlic, but an aspect that always receives high praise as well is the enjoyable and varied entertainment. 2013 was no different!
Garlic Festival Tent & Vineyard Row Vendors
We have vendors located throughout the grounds, including three large vendor tents as well as additional vendors lined up along our Vineyard Row. We hope that you were able to visit all of our vendors!
Our 2013 vendors have the first opportunity to renew for 2014. We usually sell-out of space but do have a waitlist for vendors. If you would like to be added to our waitlist, please download the following form, complete it and return it to the Fox Run Marketing team. Download the Vendor Waitlist Form